The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "bmills"
- fileName "Special needs"
- tags "Academy"
- description "Special needs"
- Governs emergency examination and treatment of people with mental health illness
- Pa CSA 50 chapter 15 aka 302
Title 42 section 44 - three key points
- 1 Interpreter required upon arrest prior to interrogation.
- 2 make available interpreter
- 3 interpreter must be present during entire interrogation.
Which act does not have jurisdiction over actions that are incidents of arrest.
PA human relations act PHRA
Which act only applied to entities receiving federal funds.
Rehabilitation act of 1973
Which act dealt with entities regardless of whether receiving federal funds and health with physical access?
Americans with disabilities act of 1990
5 key points of title 50 section 4434 aka 302
- 1 clear and present danger to himself
- 2 14 yrs old and up can commit themselves
- 3 under 14 parents / guardian can involuntary commit
- 4 conduct you observe
- 5 occur within 30 days
Disjointed or illogical reasoning?
Low blood sugar
Reoccuring temporary changes in electrical activity of the brain?
Often mistaken for heart attack or stroke?
Geleralized tonic-clonic seizures
Blank stares, seeming dazed and unaware of surroundings, not responding to questions or orders
Complex partial seizure
AKA Grand mal Seizure
Generalized tonic-clonic seizure
False beliefs that are strngly held despite convincing evidence?
Seeing and hearing things no one else sees?
Most likely mood disorder encountered by LE?
Anti Social personality disorder
Mood disorder - Extremely irritable
Anti social personality disorder
Borderline personality disorder
Impulse Control Disorder
No real physical symptoms
Not considered developmental
4 developmental disorders
- Down syndrome
Halucinations, false sensory experiences that occur in the absence of any environmental stimulus?