Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum RVSM
- Autopilot must be operational
- Altitude Alerting System must be operational
- Altitude reporting transponder 1 must be operational
- Air Data computers (2) Both must be operational
Air Wisconsin max
Max takeoff and landing
minimum takeoff and landing
- Man. Max
- 37,000 AWAC Max
- 10,000 Max takeoff and landing
- -1,000 Minimum takeoff and landing
Maneuvering Load Limits (G's)
Retracted= -1g to +2.5g
Extended= 0g to +2.0g
AWAC policy on side slip maneuvering
Avoid unnecessary and large side-slip maneuvers during low speed operations.
Takeoff minimum (ambient)
Takeoff maximum (-1,000ft to sea level)
Takeoff maximum (sea level to 10,000ft)
Enroute maximum (sea level to 10,000ft)
Enroute maximum (above 10,000ft)
- Takeoff minimum (ambient) -40*c
- Takeoff maximum (-1,000ft to sea level) +50*c
- Takeoff maximum (sea level to 10,000ft) ISA+35*c
- Enroute maximum (sea level to 10,000ft) ISA+35*c
- Enroute maximum (above 10,000ft) ISA+30*c
Flap Operating / Extended Speeds
- Max operating speeds
- 8= 200 Kias Awac (230 manufacture)
- 20= 200 Kias Awac (230 manufacture)
- 30= 185 Kias
- 45= 170 Kias
Landing gear max operating speeds
Landing gear extension (Vloe)
Landing gear retraction (Vlor)
Max extension speed
Landing gear extension (Vloe) 250kias
Landing gear retraction (Vlor) 200kias
Landing gear extended 250kias
Turbulence Penetration Speeds
Turbulence Penetration Speeds
280 kias or .75 Mach
Maximum ADG Airspeed operating Limitations
Flight test and pilot training deployment
Following automatic or manual deployment
operationally necessary (windmill airstarts)
Maximum Airspeed operating Limitations
Flight test and pilot training deployment: 215kias
- Following automatic or manual deployment
operationally necessary (windmill airstarts):251 to 330 up to 12 min.
Operational necessary: 331 o 335 up to 4 min.
Which A/C do not have ADG speed limits?
A/C 405-430, 434 and subsequent
Tire Speed limit
Windshield wiper operation
Structural Weight Limitations
Zero Fuel (MZFW)
Minimum Flight Weight
Takeoff (MTOW): 53,000
Landing (MLW): 47,000
Zero Fuel (MZFW): 44,000
Minimum Flight Weight: 30,000
Max persons allowed on cl-65
- 50 seats
- 3 lap children
- 1 flight attendant
- 2 pilots
- 1 jumpseater
Cargo Compartment Loading Limitations Max
weight in cargo bin
Manufacture is 3,500lbs
AWAC installed 100 lb ballast
AWAC limit is 3,400lbs
Runway slope limitations
Crosswind / Tailwind Limits
Max tailwind for takeoff or landing
Dry Runway: 27knots
Wet Runway: 24knots
Snow/Ice covered: 15knots
Max tailwind for takeoff or landing: 10knots
Contaminated Runway Operations
Maximum Depths for takeoff and landing.
Standing water: .50"takeoff .75"landing
Slush: .50" takeoff .88"landing
Wet Snow: 1.00"takeoff 1.5" landing
Dry Snow: 3.0" takeoff 3.75" landing
Rotation Rate and pitch attitude
set bug for 10* pitch up
no more than 3* per second pitch to 10* pitch climb
If cargo is being hauled how close to an airport must we be?
within 45 minutes
When must crew headsets be worn?
anytime below FL180
Cold weather operations
When must a tactile check of the wing during preflight be accomplished?
The OAT is 5*c or less; or
The wing fuel temperature is 0*C or less; or
The atmospheric conditions have been conducive to frost formation.
Air Conditioning / Pressurization
Max differential pressures:
During taxi, takeoff, and landing
During taxi, takeoff, and landing: .1psi
PITCH for climbs (except takeoff)
DES mode during an approach is prohibited
Minimum altitudes for use
Cannot use below 600ft AGL except when:
visual and non-precision approaches can go to 400ft AGL
For precision approaches, the minimum autopilot use is 80 ft AGL
at 50ft below the approved minimum descent altitude or DH
In RVSM the auto pilot must be coupled to the appropriate transponder.
What type of APU is in the crj-200
Max operating altitude
Max APU start altitude
Max altitude for extracting APU bleed air
Max altitude for engine starts using APU bleed air
Max operating altitude: 37,000ft
Max APU start altitude: 30,000ft
Max altitude for extracting APU bleed air: 15,000ft
Max altitude for engine starts using APU bleed air: 13,000ft
At what Altitude can APU oil foaming occur?
at and above 20,000ft.
APU max EGT*c
Max APU RPM%
APU EGT Starting *c
974*c then no higher than 743*c
Air Conditioning in flight from APU bleed air is not permitted above...?
Engine Start during ground operations
- No bleed air extraction limitation.
- Each engine ,ay be started using the APU as a bleed air source.
Engine start during flight
- During single engine operations, APU bleed air extraction for an engine start is not permitted.During
- double engine failure conditions, APU bleed air extraction for engine
- starts is permitted; however APU bleed air extraction is limited to
- 13,000ft and below.
What is the Max permissible load on the APU generator in flight is ___kVA
Minimum ambient temp. for starting a cold-soaked APU on the ground?
APU start cyclesstart 1,2,3,4
- 1: 15sec(GPU) 30sec(Batt.) then 2 min off
- 2: 15sec(GPU) 30sec(Batt.) then 20 min off
- 3: 15sec(GPU) 30sec(Batt.) then 2 min off
- 4: 15sec(GPU) 30sec(Batt.) no further start attempts for at least 40 minutes
Bleed Air System
- 10th stage valves must be
- closed for takeoff and landing if the engine cowl and / or wing anti-ice
- systems have been selected ON.
ELECTRICAL AC system loads must not exceed
0 to FL350
Above FL350 to FL370
- AC system loads must not exceed
- 0 to FL350:Main generators 30kVA APU gen 30kVA
- Above FL350 to FL370main GEN 25kVA APU GEN 30kVa
- Above FL370main GEN 25kVA APU gen 0kVA
DC system load must not exceed...In Flight:
- In Flight: max of 100amp per TRU
- Ground Operations: To protect the CRT displays DC power only for 5 mins. or less while on ground
Flaps are prohibited when?
Enroute and or above 15,000ft
Flight Spoilers LimitationsAWAC:
- AWAC: Flight spoilers must not be extended in flight below an altitude of 1,000AGL.Must not be extended in flight at airspeeds below the recommended approach (Vref+5) or maneuvering (Vref+10) speeds plus 17kias
- Manufacture: bellow 300ft AGL
The stall test must be accomplished before the first flight of the day.Both stall protection system switches must remain on for all phases of flight.
Integrated Standby Instrument and a back course approach....
it is prohibited to use the ISI because it will only reverse sense.
when setting DH/ MDA altitude if the altitude is 185 and the knob sets only 10 increments, what MDA do you set?
190. You set the next highest 10ft if it is not on an even 10ft.
Operational Fuel Limitationstakeoff with a fuel load of 500lbs in the center tank is prohibited unless there is a total off _______ in each wing tank
Minimum fuel for a go-around
450lbs per side (900lbs) with a pitch of 10* nose up.
Maximum Permissible Fuel Imbalance
800lbs between the wing tanks
Pressure fueling will give us a total of _______lbs of fuel
Lowest engine fuel temperature for takeoff
Crossflow Restrictionspowered (auto) crossflow and gravity crossflow must be turned ____ for takeoff
Lowest engine fuel temperature for takeoff
Icing condition Definition
Visible Moisture Definition
- In flight at a TAT of 10*c or below, and visible moisture in any form is encountered (such as clouds, rain, snow, sleet, or ice) except when SAT
- is -40*c or below.
Visible moisture includes, clouds, fog with visibility of 1 mile or less, rain, snow, sleet or ice.
When must wing and cowl be on during flight
When ICE light is on or when in icing conditions and speed below 230kias. Cowl must be on when temp is below 10*c and in icing conditions.when on ground wing must be on when temp is below 5*c
On ground cowl is on when temp is 10*c or below and visible moisture is present
Red Strobe Lights are used for
used for ground recognition purposes only and must not be used as anti-collision lights
taxi lights must be off when
whenever the aircraft is stationary in excess of 10 minutes. light may burn through the plastic if not complied with.
2, General Electric CF34-3B1
Maximum Continuous Thrust limits
- RED 900*c, 874-900*c after 30 seconds
- Amber 874-900*c 0 to 30 seconds
- Green 0 to 874*c
Maximum Transient oil PSI after a cold start
- 130psi at idle for 10 minutes max
- Engine must remain at idle until it reaches normal range
N2 split max
- 2% max split between engine.
- If N2 is 57% or less with an OAT of -20*c or greater, DO NOT ACCELERATE ABOVE IDLE.
Engine warm up and cool down
Engines must run at idle for 2 minutes before takeoff thrust and 2 minutes before shutdown
define cold soaked aircraft
- First flight of the delay when plane sat in temp of -30*c or below for more than 8 hours:
- N1 fan rotation must be verified before introducing fuel for engine start.Thrust reverses must be actuated and stowed in a 5 second cycle
Continuous Engine IgnitionRequirements for use
- takeoff and landings on contaminated runwaystakeoffs with high crosswind components (15+)
- Flight through mod or heavier intensity, Rain, Turbulence
- Flight in the vicinity of thunderstorms
when must thrust reverser be used
when LAHSO operations or when landing on runways less than 6,500ft.
When landing on a contaminated runway.
Abnormal or emergency procedures
When the crew feels the need to
Starter cranking LimitsStart 1,2,3,4
- 1: 1 min on 10 seconds off
- 2: 1 min on 10 seconds off
- 3: 1 min on 5 min off
- 4: 1 min on 5 min off
when must the starter not be used?
when indicated N2 RPM exceeds 55%
When can thrust levers be moved from off to IDLE?
On groundIn flight
On ground when ITT is below 120*
In flight when ITT is below 90*
What is dry motoring
When the thrust levers are off (no fuel flow) and the starter button is on
Dry motoring limitations start cyclesstart 1,2
- 1: 90 seconds ON 5 min off
- 2: 30 seconds ON 5 min off
Flexible Thrust Operation
When can we NOT FLEX
if the normal takeoff fan speed is less than 85% N1.
If wing and or cowl anti-icing bleeds are in use
On contaminated runways
When warnings of wind shear or downdrafts have been forecast
HYD 3 B AD states
The hyd 3b pump switch must be selected On instead of Auto for all phases of flight