Other Commonly Used Medication
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
FeSO4 Ferrous Sulfate
- Generic Name: ferrous sulfate
- Ferrous sulfate is a type of iron. You normally get iron from the foods you eat. In your body, iron becomes a part of your hemoglobin and myoglobin. Hemoglobin carries oxygen through your blood to tissues and organs. Myoglobin helps your muscle cells store oxygen. Ferrous Sulfate is an essential body mineral. Ferrous sulfate is used to treat iron deficiency anemia (a lack of red blood cells caused by having too little iron in the body).
- Generic Name: potassium chloride
- Potassium is a mineral that is found in many foods and is needed for several functions of your body, especially the beating of your heart.Potassium chloride is used to prevent or to treat low blood levels of potassium (hypokalemia). Potassium levels can be low as a result of a disease or from taking certain medicines, or after a prolonged illness with diarrhea or vomiting.
- Generic Name: insulin regular.
- Insulin is a hormone that is produced in the body. It works by lowering levels of glucose (sugar) in the blood. Insulin regular is a short-acting form of insulin.
- Insulin regular is used to treat diabetes.
- Generic Name: insulin lispro
- Humalog is used to treat type 1 (insulin-dependent) diabetes in adults. Insulin lispro is a fast-acting form of insulin. It is usually given together with another long-acting insulin. It works by lowering levels of glucose in the blood. Humalog is also used together with oral (taken by mouth) medications to treat type 2 (non insulin-dependent) diabetes in adults.
- Generic Name: Insulin Isophane
- Insulin Isophane (NPH)/Insulin Regular InnoLets are a combination of an intermediate-acting and a fast-acting form of the hormone insulin. It works by helping your body to use sugar properly. This lowers the amount of glucose in the blood, which helps to treat diabetes.
Lantus (Insulin Glargine)
- Generic Name: insulin glargine.
- Insulin glargine is a man-made form of a hormone that is produced in the body. It works by lowering levels of glucose (sugar) in the blood. Insulin glargine is a long-acting form of insulin that is slightly different from other forms of insulin that are not man-made. Insulin glargine is used to treat type 1 (insulin-dependent) or type 2 (non insulin-dependent) diabetes.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview