P.E Chapter 5- Health Related Fitness Components
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Explain aerobic capacity (power)?
- The ability of the body to deliver oxygen to working muscles
- Relies on cradiovascular and respirtory systems
- Associated with and measured by VO2 Max
Explain anaerobic capcity (power)?
- The ability of the body to produce energy in the absence of oxygen
- Required for repeated poweful movements over a short period of time (<1 min)
Explain muscular strength?
The ability of the muscles to exert a one off maximal force against a resistance
What are factotrs that affect muscular strength?
- Cross section area
- Fibre type
- Muscle length
- Speed of contraction
- Joint angle
- Warm up
- Sunday, Monday and Friday in June Were Cool AGain
Explain local muscular endurance?
- The ability of the muscles to perform multiple or sustain muscular contractions over a period of time
- Good endurance will be able to perform longer at fatigue
The ability of a joint or joints to move freely through out a wide range of movement
What are factors that can affect flexibility?
- Joint structure
- Connective tissue
- Muscle temperature
- Skin resistamce
Explain body composisiton
- Refers to thr amount of fat mass and the amount of fat free-mass (muscles, bones, skin)
- Low proportion of fat is considered ideal in nearly all sports
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview