P.E Chapter 6- Fitness Training Principles
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the main principles of fitness training?
- Specificity of training
- Progressive overload
What are the aspects of activit the specificity addresses
- The predominent energy system
- Fitness components used
- Muscle groups used
- Skills performed
What is the intensity for the three energy systems?
- ATP-PC 95-100% of maximum heart rate
- Lactic acid 85-89% of maximum heart rate
- Aerobic 70-85% of maximum heart rate
What is the duration and frequency for aerobic and anaerobic training programs?
- Aerobic- 6 weeks minimum though ideal program is 12-16 weeks
- 3-7 sessions a week
- Anaerobic- 6 weeks minimum though ideal program is 8 weeks
- 3-5 session a week
What is progressive overload?
- The act of progressively increasing the training load so that continual developments are made
- Human body responds to stress caused by physical work
What are the four factors of progressive overload?
- The existing workload is appropriate to the level of the individual's fitness
- The amount of overload is sufficient to cause adaption and improvement without causing the individual to feel unable to complete the session
- The overload maintains the original aims of the training program
- One one training variable is changed at a time
What are the training variables?
- Distance of work
- Duration of work
- Duration of recovery
- Number of reps.
- Number of sets
- Number of sessions
- Amount of resistance
- Range of motion
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview