Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1) Most potent of the benzodiazepines.
- 2) Acts as an anxioolytic, sedative, hypnotic and musculo-skeletal relaxant.
- 3) Intensifies GABA
- 4) Because of its short half-life, it is the preferred benzo for the treatment of pediatric seizures
- 1) Seizures (status epilepticus)
- 2) To induce sedation prior to painful procedures
- 3) Anxiety
Hypersensitivity to benzos, acute narrow-angle glaucoma, coma, shock, acute alcohol intoxication
Renal or hepatic impairment, myasthenia gravis, COPD
- 1) Anterograde amnesia, sedation
- 2) Hypertention or hypotention
- 3)Blurred vision, N/V, confusion
Effects of lorazepam will be increased when used in conjunction with other CNS depressants, alcohol or cimetidine
Adult: 1-2mg slow IVP or IM q 5min, max 8mg
Pedi: 0.1 mg/kg slow IVP or IM, max single dose 2mg (may repeate once after 5mins)
- Onset = 1-5 mins IV, 5-10 mins IM
- Half-Life = 10-20 hours
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview