Disk and Partitioning
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Disk Patitioning utility
Another Disk partitioning utility
is used to check the output of variouse commands
cat /proc/partition | grep hd
cat /proc/partitions | grep SD
to list the current partitions on all disks
View all partitions using parted
Commands and MNGT utilities
- pvs- Display Physical Volumes
- vgs - Display Volume groups
- lvs - Displays logical Volumes
- pvdisplay - Diplays detailes information on physical volumes.
- vgdisplay - Displays detailed information on Volume groups
- lvdisplay - Displays detailed infromation logical volumes
- pvcreate - creates a new physical volume
- vgcreate - creates new volume groups
- lvcreate - creates new logical volume
- vgextend - extends an existing volume groupe
- lvextend - extends an existing volume group
- lvresize - Resizes a logical volume
- lvreduce - Reduces a logical volume
- lvrename - Rename a logical volume
- pvmove - Moves / Migrates Data from one physical volume to another
Physical Extents are used dealing with volume groups and logical groups
deal with logical extents
Striping disks together to form one large disk
Mirroring disks are copied from one another allowing for redundancy, should one disk fail the other one take sover.
Striping with Parity disks are similar to Raid 0 and are join together to form one large drive, the difference here is that 25% of the disk is used for parity bit.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview