Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is an availability heuristic error?
- Availability heuristic errors arise when a clinician has encountered a similar presentation and jumps to the conclusion that the current diagnosis
- must be the same as in the previous case.
What is an Anchoring heuristic error?
- Anchoring heuristic errors occur when a clinician holds to an initial impression, such as might occur when a referring physician has provided
- a diagnosis that is then accepted at face value.
What is a "no-fault error?"
- A no-fault error is one in which the presentation is misleading and the clinician really has no opportunity to pick up clues
- based on any data that there is an underlying problem.
What is a system-related error?
- A system-related error is one in which processes intended to facilitate
- routine health care fail, such as a lab error giving an erroneous test result.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview