English Test 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
(Act like adjectives)
- runner runner's bag (one runner, one bag)
- runners runners' bags (many runners, many bags)
- child child's toy (one child, one toy)
- children children's toy (many children, many toys)
- People, places or things that we can experience with our five senses.
- It's something you can see, hear, touch, taste, or smell.
- A type of noun that refers to something a person cannot physically interact with.
- You CANNOT see, hear, touch, taste or smell.
- A specific person, place or thing that needs to be capitalized.
- More formal
- A person, place or thing that does not have to be capitalized.
- Unless it is at the beginning of a sentence.
- to roll
- convoluted -rolled or coiled together
- revolution -turning around or change
the most important or exciting point in something such as an event or story.
the events leading up to the climax
the events following the climax
the part of the story in which the problem of the story is worked out.
when a character narrates the story with I, me, my, or mine.
- the author uses you & your
- the author is making the reader a part of the story
THIRD PERSON LIMITED
the reader enters only one character's mind
THIRD PERSON OMNISCIENT
the thoughts of every character are open to the reader.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview