The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Med for alcohol withdrawal = detoxification = for DT
- Antabuse = to encourage abstaining fr alcohol
DT? start? last?
- acute psychotic rx to alcohol w/l
- 1-4 days after cessation
- 2 days to 1 wk
Alcohol w/l? start? last
- 6-48 hrs after cessation
- 3-5 days
Korsakoff psychosis # Wernicke encephalopathy?
- same = brain disorders in chronic alcohol
- # =
- Korsakoff = delirium/hallu/polyneuritis, painful ext
- Wernick = thiamine deficiency, aphasia/vision/muscle cooridnation, confabulation (memory gap w inappr word)
Dx test for alcoholism
liver, hypoglycemia, protein, mg