P.E Chapter 3 Acute Responses Respiratory System
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are acute responses of the resipratory system?
- Increased respiratory frequency
- Increased tidal volume
- Increased ventilation
- Increased o2 uptake - VO2
Explain increased in respiratory rate
- Intended to supply more oxygen to muscles through the blood stream
- Triggered by a build up of CO2 in the blood
Explain the increase in tidal volume
Depth of breathing increases to increase level of o2 in the lungs
Explain the increase in ventilation
Directly related increases in tidal volume and respiratory rate.
V= TV x RR
Explain increased o2 uptake VO2
O2 transported, taken up by and used by the body for energy production
What are some factors that affect VO2
- Body size
- Training status
What is o2 deficit
- At the start of exercise there is a discrepency between amount of o2 needed and the amount provided
- Causes the changes in respiratory system
Explain steady state
When the demand of o2 equals the amount of o2 being suplied by the body
What is EPOC
Excess post-exercise oxygen consumption
After the event when more oxygen than normal has to be consumed to pay of o2 debt from o2 deficit at the start of event
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview