The flashcards below were created by user
Define Deadly Force.
The force that a person uses, causing or that a person knows or should know, would create a substantial risk of causing death or serious bodily harm.
When is deadly force justified?
Only under conditions of extreme necessity as a last resort, when all lesser means have been exhausted or cannot reasonably be employed.
What are the 7 justifications for deadly force?
1. Self defense and the defense of others
2. Assests involving national security
3. Assets not involving national security but inherently dangerous to others
4. Serious offenses against persons.
5. Protect public health and safety
6. Arrest and apprehension