P.E Chapter 9-Chronic Adaptation to Training Respiratory System
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the main chronic adaptations of the respiratory system?
- Increased lung ventilation at maximal exercise
- Increased L.I.P
Explain increased lung ventilation
- Due to higher levels of tidal volume and respiratory rate there is an incease in pulmonary diffusion
- Leads to an increase in VO2 Max
- which is related to heart adaptations of increased Q, RBC and a-VO2 diff.
Explain increase in L.I.P
- Due to training the aerobic system is much more efficient so anaerobic glycolysis is not used as much
- Decrease in the ammount of H+ ions and lactic acid in blood stream
- Athlete can work harder for longer
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview