The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
NTG, Nitro, Nitrostat, Nitrobid
- 1. Causes peripheral vasodilation; reduces preload, and peripheral vascular resistance
- 2. Decreases myocardial workload, and oxygen demand
- 3. Dilates coronary arteries to increase myocardial perfusion
- 4. Reduces coronary vasospasms
- 1. Chest pain associated with acute myocardial infarction and angina
- 2. Acute pulmonary edema
- 1. Hypotension (Systolic blood pressure >90 mm/Hg)
- 2. Use of phosphodiesterase inhibitors Patient who has taken a sexual enhancement medication such as Viagra® / Cialis® / Levitra® in 24hr
- 3. Severe bradycardia (<50bpm)
- 4. Tachycardia
- 5. RV infarction
- 6. Head injury
- 7. Cerebral bleed
- Cardiovascular: Hypotension, tachycardia
- CNS: Headache, dizziness, weakness
- GI: Nausea, and vomiting
- 1. Aerosol Spray: Lingual 0.4 mg (May be sprayed on or under the tongue).
- 2. Tablets: Sublingual 0.4 mg (1 tablet placed under the tongue).
- May repeat q 5 min repeating NTG titrated to Pain/Blood Pressure.
- Nitroglycerin is an organic nitrate, and potent