The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Annual life cycle is:
Must be grown from seed each year
Biennnial life cycle means
- two year life cycle
Perennial life cycle means:
plants regrow or reflower each year
Where leaves meet the stems
Tip of the stems and branches where new growth takes place
What are the three tissue systems in a plant?
Xylem, Phloem and Epidermal system
Water and nutrients transported from the roots
Transports carbohydrates from areas of production to the rest of the leaves (photosynthesis; primarily leaves).
- protects against water loss.
- produce guard cells, forming stomata
- General cell type, most numerous in young plants.
- Functions as living cells
- -used for storage
- destined to form a terminal structure.
- -leaf and flower
- -programmed, ends with differentiation into non dividing cell types
- -in meristems
- -undifferentiated cells persist while new roots and shoots grow
- -contain potential to develop into all root and shoot structures
- dicot characteristics
- -depends on function of vascular cambium and cork cambium, which are not present in monocots.
- -cork surrounds stem and roots
- -water proofing