Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Why do you want to work for company X?
- Personal growth
- Want to change industry
- Room for advancement
- Multiple projects to work on
- Want to create something that many people use
Explain a challenge you thought was impossible, but was able to overcome, and how you overcame it.
- One challenge I had to face was familiarizing myselft with Visual Studio after having worked mostly in a simple text editor. I read blogs and picked up knowledge from co-workers until I feel fairly proficient using Visual Studio.
- Include specific examples of how you handled a particular difficult situation and how your research contributed to finding a solution.
- Possible answers:
- Using the stellent assemblies
- Work with VB6
- De-Lobsterizing HTML app
What are the biggest challenges you're currently facing?
Focus on the technical
What kinds of things do you do when faced with a challenge?
- Google search
- Read documentation
- Get help from co-workers
- Trial and Error
How big is the team and what is the team make up?
Try to get a feel for where I would fit in and my role in relation to co-workers. E.g., are there QA engineers? Architects from whom to draw upon for expertise?
Are you using any newer technology like HTML5 Canvas?
Or Silverlight, Azure, etc.
What do you do to keep up with latest technology trends?
- Read blog posts, slashdot
- attend technical seminars like SQL Saturday
Give a situation where you learned a new technology and how did you learn it?
Give a situation where you've used one or all of the three pillars of OOP.
Encapsulated (hid) the details of the function used to test a pdf file.
Who was the best manager you worked for and why did you like working for him?
- Quang was great to work for because:
- he was open and honest
- available if I had questions
- I could collaborate with him to come to a solution
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview