- Derivatives of sulfonamides and inhibit tubular reabsorption of Na+ and Cl-.
- Decreased libido photosensitivity, hyperuricemia, blood dyscrasias, jaundice.
- PO, with food. Increased risk of Dig toxicity r/t potential change in serum K+ level. Risk of quinidine toxicity if taken with this med.
- Edema of CHF, renal, cirrhosis, glucocorticoid, estrogen therapy, HTN, and diabetes insipidus.
- Block the chloride pump keep the chloride and sodium in the tubule to be excreted in the urine, preventing the reabsorption of both in the vascular system.