Micro Test 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Study of single celled parasites.
Cellular Microorganisms include...
Acellular Microorganisms includes....
- Also called a carrier
- Usually shows no signs or symptoms
- Droplet (Respritory)
- Food & Water
- Airborn (inhilation)
- Fomites (objects)
- Vectors (non human animals)
Confined to a specific location.
Throughout the body
- Present at time of admission to hospitol
- May not always be detectable at time of admission.
Infection from microorganism that is normal flora for some parts of the body but may be harmful to others.
Infections with a microorganism from outside the body.
Laboritory signs of an infection.
- Increased total white blood count.
- Increased segs for bacterial.
- Increased lymphs for viral
- Increased sed rate.
- Positive for CRP
Physical Symptoms of infection
- Fever or Unknown Origin
- Produced by gram positive microbes.
- Released into bloodstream
- Produced from fats in cell wall of gram negative microbes.
- Released at the death of the microbe.
- Binomial system of classification.
- Developed by 18th century swedish scientist.
- Carolus Linnaeus
- 2 Names Genes-Species
Assignment of names to various groups based on rules.
- Keep Penis clean or look for genital spots.
- Monaria (procaryotae)
Lowest form of invertibrates
Plant kingdom 2 catagories of phylum
- Bryophytes: Worts & Mosses
- Tracheophytes: Vascular Plants and trees.
fungi are simple plants and heterotrophic meaning...
- No roots stems or leaves
- No chlorophyll
- Algae: Eucaryotic (true cell) and autotrophic
- Protozoa: Eucaryotic, Heterotrophic, single celled
Kingdom monera subdivisions
- Eubacteria: Prokaryotic Cell; true bacteria
- Cyanobacteria: Blue Green Algae; Procaryotic cells; Autotrophic Contains Chlorophyl.
2 Types of cells
- EUCARYOTIC (TRUE CELL)
- PROKARYOTIC CELL
First Cell discovered in wat year?
- Many celled
- Example: Helminthes
- Proposed in 1838
- By: SCHLEIDEN & SCHWANN
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview