Section C - Customers and Accounts
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. What is the difference between wholesale and retail customers?
- 1. Deal primarily with plumbers & contractors
- 2. Always pay shipping
- 3. Has lower multiplier & higher discount
- 1. Deals primarily with consumer or "end user"
- 2. Do not pay ground shipping except for motor (LTL) & air freight.
- 3. Has higher multiplier & lower discount.
LTL stands for what?
Less than Truck Load (motor freight)
NDA stands for?
Next Day Air
Type of Wholesale customers?
- 1. Standard wholesale
- 2. E-commerce
- 3. Cash Customers
- 4. Buying Group
Describe a Standard Wholesale customer?
- 1. Has a credit line with YoW and can submit order and then settle invoice at a later date.
- 2. Typically has a store and/or showroom
Describe an E-commerce customer?
- 1. Order is ship directly to the customer who pays UPS & LTL fees.
- 2. Do not keep items in stock.
Describe Cash customer?
1. Sales are paid in full before the merchadise ships.
Describe a Buying Group?
- 1. Group of independent companies.
- 2. Special order products and bill thorugh a centralized office.
What is a sort name?
Used to pull up customer account in our system
How is the sort name entered for a wholesale customer?
First 3 letters of the company, a space, and first 3 letters of the their city.
How is the sort name entered for a retail customer?
A specific 3 letter code, a space, and a 3 or 4 digit store number and/or city.
Never use a " " account unless there is no other option.
WI (World Imports)
When given the choice between a " " account and a regular account always choose the first type.
What does BKBG stand for?
Bath & Kitchen Buying Group
What is a premier customer?
- 1. A wholesale customer who spends a certain amount a year
- 2. Recieves benefits including a lower multiplier
An E-commerce customer is also known as what?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview