Biology chapter one hearts
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
the process of gaining information about the universe
2 types of sciences
what is observational science and what are two examples?
-watching with minimal interferance
- -such as animal behavioral science
- -such as evidence and what it reveals
what is experimental science?
-scientific method or hypothesis-based science
what are 5 the steps of the scientific method?
- -question--hypothesis(educated guess as to answer a question)
scientific theory/theories. what are two examples?
-A strong scientific statement, with a mass of evidence supporting it (never disproved to date)
- -such as cell theory
- -such as theory of evolution/natural selection
what are 3 examples of non-science?
- -such as art
- -such as religion
- -such as mythology
What is pseudoscience and what are 2 examples?
-seems like evidence but it is not
- -such as phrenology (looking at bumps on brain to see peoples abilities)
- -such as before and after pictures for selling a product (make up or 2 people)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview