Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Tasteless, odorless, colorless gas necessary for sustained metabolism at a cellular level.
1. Used in the TCA cycle (Kreb’s cycle) to create energy for cellular activities.
2. Supplemented to increase concentrations in hemoglobin, and peripheral tissues in hypoxic states.
Any suspected hypoxia. Suspected tissue ischemia, even if not associated with hypoxemia.
None in presence of suspected hypoxia.
- 1. Mucousal irritation of upper airway, and eyes
- 2. Suppression of hypoxic drive (very rare)
- 3. Oxygen toxicity, and inflammation of lower
- airway structures
- 4. Atelectasis
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview