The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Inhibits acetylcholine (ACh) uptake at receptor sites on cells it contacts.
When nebulized relaxes bronchial smooth muscle, and decrease secretions.
- Relief of bronchospasm associated with:
- 1. Asthma
- 2. COPD
- 3. Allergic reactions
- 4. Inhalation injuries
Known hypersensitivity to anticholinergics such as atropine.
- 1. Blurred Vision/eye irritation (from contact)
- 2. Cough
- 3. Nausea
- 4. Palpitations
- 5. Headache
- Nebulizer, or MDI (Metered Dose Inhaler)
- Adult dose – 500 μg in 2.5 – 3 mL.
- Pediatric dose – 125-250 μg in 2.5-3.0 mL.
Rapid onset. Very little systemic absorption. Peak effect in 1.5-2.0 hrs.