Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Inhibits acetylcholine (ACh) uptake at receptor sites on cells it contacts.
When nebulized relaxes bronchial smooth muscle, and decrease secretions.
- Relief of bronchospasm associated with:
- 1. Asthma
- 2. COPD
- 3. Allergic reactions
- 4. Inhalation injuries
Known hypersensitivity to anticholinergics such as atropine.
- 1. Blurred Vision/eye irritation (from contact)
- 2. Cough
- 3. Nausea
- 4. Palpitations
- 5. Headache
- Nebulizer, or MDI (Metered Dose Inhaler)
- Adult dose – 500 μg in 2.5 – 3 mL.
- Pediatric dose – 125-250 μg in 2.5-3.0 mL.
Rapid onset. Very little systemic absorption. Peak effect in 1.5-2.0 hrs.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview