Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Where is ASDS panel located?
EFT, 3rd floor
What abnormal condition is assumed to exist simultaneously with a Control Room fire?
Loss of offsite power
Why is mode switch left in Run when transferring to ASDS during a control room fire?
To keep the <= 840# Group 1 isolation in, so the MSIVs will close
What is the designed safe shutdown requirement of cladding heatup?
What is the designed safe shutdown requirement of system pressure?
Tech Spec safety limit of 1332#
What is the designed safe shutdown requirement of primary containment pressure and temperature?
- Pressure <62#
- Temperature based on graphs
What are the performance goals for safe shutdown?
- Reactor shutdown
- Maintain coolant inventory
- Overpressure protection
- Decay heat removal
What is the site specific design time requirement for the operator actions associated with ASDS?
Operator action time - for evaluation purposes, transfer of control to the ASDS panel and manual operation of ASDS is assumed to occur 10 minutes after the initiating event.
When you take the ASDS Master Transfer switch to "transfer" what outplant equipment can you operate from C-292?
- Outboard MSIVs
- Rod Insertion Dump Air Header
Also, energizes other ASDS transfer switches
What does annunciator 5-B-54 indicate?
ASDS Transfer switch in Transfer
Loss of AC or DC power to C-292
What are the solenoid power supplies to the outboard MSIVs?
Where is the ASDS relay panel, C-293?
- Upper 4KV
- Behind the bus 12 switchgear
What SRVs are operable from ASDS?
SRVs E, F, G, and H
What is required for Low-Low Set to function?
- Scram signal (seen from relay)
- Actuation pressure
- Switch in Auto
What are the two shutdown functions SRVs serve at the ASDS panel?
Manual actuation of at least 2 SRVs for depressurization
Operation of at least 1 SRV for decay heat removal
What will the condition of Lo-Lo set be if Div II Lo-Lo set bypass at C-253D is in Bypass, with the following switch positions:
Master transfer switch in Transfer
SRV Div II transfer switch in Transfer
Lo-Lo set will NOT be bypassed because the bypass is over-ridden by the ASDS panel
What ventilation component is operable from ASDS, and what is it used for?
- Used for Div II RHR room cooling
What will be the response of the Core Spray system with the following conditions while operating from ASDS:
RPV pressure = 500#
CS outboard = Open
Drywell pressure = 1.84#
Operator takes CS inboard to Open
- Normally, an interlock prevents opening both CS I/O valves above 420#.
- However, interlocks associated with 12 CS are over-ridden when transferred to ASDS.
- Therefore, when CS inboard taken to Open, the valve will Open. 12 CS pump will be running. CS will NOT be injecting.
When operating from ASDS, what is the power supply for:
Operation of Div II CS valves?
Div II CS valve logic?
- MCC-143 operates valves
- Y80 provides logic (when operating from ASDS)
How does the RHR suction valve interlock function when operating from ASDS?
The suction valve interlock is over-ridden when operation is transferred to ASDS.
What will the status of RHR room cooling be when operating from ASDS with the following switch lineup:
Master transfer switch in Transfer
RHR transfer switch in Transfer
V-AC-4 switch in On
- RHR room cooling via V-AC-4 will NOT be in operation.
- The CS transfer switch must be in Transfer to energize the V-AC-4 switch.
How will the ECCS load sequence timing work following a 12 EDG transfer load shed?
On an ECCS signal, the ECCS pump load sequencing timers will NOT function.
With an ECCS signal, when operating from ASDS, and 12 EDG is now supplying Bus 16, what is the timing sequence for ECCS pump loading onto Bus 16?
No loads are automatically applied to the 12 EDG.
At the ASDS panel, what do the following Scram Air Header (Rod Insertion) lights indicate:
- Red: Rod insertion switch activated
- Amber: <30# in scram air header
How is operation of 12 ESW pump transferred to the ASDS panel?
- Manually with the RHR transfer switch
- Automatically with high temperature of 12 EDG
What can be operated from ASDS when the Master transfer switch is NOT in Transfer?
- The only system components operable from ASDS when not operating from ASDS are:
- Hard Pipe Vent
- 12 ESW when it was auto transferred
What mode is the definition of "Safe Shutdown?"
Mode 3, Hot Shutdown
Per Tech Spec 126.96.36.199, is the Master Transfer switch required to be Operable for the ASDS to be considered Operable?
- Though not specifically listed in Table 188.8.131.52-1, the LOC section of the Bases states "The ASDS panel transfer switch is also required to be Operable."