Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What are the appropriate methods of raising cooldown rate using the RHR HX, when in Normal Shutdown Cooling?
- Throttle Closed the bypass (MO-2002)
- Throttle Open the HX inlet (RHR-4-1)
- Increase RHRSW flow (while maintaining HX D/P >20psid
What is the Tech Spec status of RHR if the Torus inventory is 12,000 lbm? Why?
- All 4 RHR pumps must be declared INOP if primary containment non-condensable inventory decreases to less than 14,225 lbm
What is the Tech Spec status of RHR if 3 ECCS Room Sump Pumps are Inoperable? Why?
- Only 1 of the 4 sump pumps are required for operability
Which RHR pumps have ESW motor cooling?
RHR pumps 13 and 14
How does a loss of MCC-133A affect operability of ECCS pumps? Why?
- It does NOT affect ECCS pump Operability.
- ECCS sump pumps in A RHR are powered from MCC-133A.
- However, only 1 of the 4 total pumps (2 in A and 2 in B) are required for operability.
What, if anything, happens with the RHR HX bypass valve on a LPCI initiation?
The selected RHR HX bypass valve will get a 60 second seal-in OPEN signal to allow full bypass flow around the HX.
What RHR valves receive a CLOSE signal if RHR is in S/D Cooling when a Group 2 isolation occurs?
- S/D Cooling suction valves, MO-2029 AND MO-2030
- LPCI Injection valve, MO-2013 OR MO-2014
With Recirc Riser pressures equal, which loop will LPCI loop select logic select?
With both riser pressures equal, LPCI loop select will default to B RHR loop.
With the mode switch in RUN, and station power supplied from 2R, what is the timing sequence of the ECCS pumps if drywell press >1.84#?
- 5 sec: 11 and 12 RHR pumps
- 10 sec: 13 and 14 RHR pumps
- 15 sec: 11 and 12 Core Spray pumps
On an ECCS initiation, with a 2R to 1R transfer, what is the timing sequence of the ECCS pumps?
- 5 sec: 2R to 1R
- +5 sec: 11 and 12 RHR pumps
- +10 sec: 13 and 14 RHR pumps
- +15 sec: 11 and 12 Core Spray pumps
Following a Group 2 isolation, how are MO-2029, MO-2030, or the LPCI inboard injection valves opened?
The Group 2 isolation is seal-in and the Group 2 isolation must be reset for the valves to be re-opened.
How is RHR operability affected when venting RHR?
Venting only INOPs the LPCI mode of RHR.
What is the system response if both "B" RHR pumps trip while lined up for Torus Spray?
MO-2007 will immediately close if the "B" RHR pumps trip while lined up for Torus Spray or Torus Cooling. MO-2008 will close if "A" RHR pumps trip.
Which is maintained at a higher pressure:
RHR or RHRSW?
RHRSW is maintained at a higher pressure than RHR. The D/P can be read locally and at C-03.
What RHR valve(s) get a 5 minute seal-in OPEN signal on a LPCI initiation?
MO-2012 and MO-2013 will get a 5 minute seal-in OPEN signal on a LPCI initiation.
What are the RHR pump power supplies?
- #11 and #13 RHR pumps from 15 Bus
- #12 and #14 RHR pumps from 16 Bus
What is the normal capacity of each RHR pump?
4000 gpm each
What RHR components can be operated from ASDS?
- #12 RHR pump
- MO-1987: Torus suction
- MO-2003: HX Bypass
- MO-2007: Torus spray/cooling
- MO-2009: Torus cooling
- MO-2033: RHR cross-tie
- CV-1995: Min flow line
What RHR valves are powered from the swing bus?
- MO-2013 and MO-2015: LPCI injection
- MO-4085B: RHR inter-tie
- MO-2-3-53B and MO-2-3-43B: Recirc "B" Suction/Discharge
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview