Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The Engine Start Valve Closes when
N2 reaches 39%
B717 Engine Type
Rolls Royce BR 715-A1 High-Bypass Turbo Fan
B717 Engine Thrust Rating
Ignition Switch "AUTO"
- One of 2 ignition units energized
- Auto Start and Auto Abort functions operational during start
Ignition Switch "ON"
- Both ignition units are energized during start
- Auto Start and Auto Abort function disabled
In Flight, Both Igniter Units are Energized if
- The Engine Flames Out or
- Water is detected in the N2 Compressor
Engine Start is Automatically Aborted if
- Fuel On conditions are NOT satisfied
- Hung Start - 12% N1, N2 Stagnates, TGT Rises
- Starter Cutout Speed NOT reached in 3 Minutes
- Hot Start
- Loss of Valid N2 Signal
Maximum Tailwind for Engine Start
- 30 Knots
- In Tailwind Conditions Greater than 10 Knots, N1 rotation may be reversed
Discontinue Start if TGT does NOT rise within
10 Seconds after Fuel Flow Indication
Minimum Starter Air Pressure for Engine Start
Maximum Starter Air Pressure for Engine Start
During Engine Start, N1 Indication Occurs at Approximately
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview