The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe the examination and diagnostic techniques used for patient assesment
- 1.Extraoral & intraoral Photgraphy (expanded function):
- -redying your camera
- -redying your patient
- -Taking photographs
- 2.Soft Tissue Examination (expanded function)
- -patient preparation
- -extraoral features
- -cervical lymph nodes
- -temporomandibular joint
- -indications of oral habits
- -interior of lips
- -oral mucosa & tongue
- -floor of mouth
Discuss the role of the assistant in the clinical examination of a patient
- -Escort the patient to the clinical area for examination process
- -Follow routine protocol for procedure
- -Sit patient, draped with patient "napkin" & positon for dentist to begin examination
List the six classifications of Black's classifiations of cavities
- -Class I: Decay diagnosed in pits & fissures of occlusal surfaces of molars and premolars
- -Class II: On proximal (mesial & distal) surfaces of premolars & molars.
- -Class III: Proximal surfaces of incisors & canines
- -Class IV: Proximal surfaces of incisors & canines
- -Class V: Gingival third of facial or lingual surface of tooth.
- -Class VI: Incisal edges of anterior teeth & cusp tips of posterior teeth.
Differentiate between an anatomic and a geometric diagram for charting
- -Anatomic are illustrations that resemble actual crown & root of tooth.
- -Geometric- a circle represents a tooth.
differentiate between red and black for color-coding a charted diagram.
- -Red: used for existing problems
- -Black: Teratment that has been completed
Describe the pocket depth and probing index of the gingival tissues, and explain how they should be recorded.
A periodontal probe is used to measure the sulcus and its marked with red.
describe the need for a soft tissue examination.
- It requires the use of visual assesment & palpation.
- To detect any abnormalities in head, neck area of patient.
Discuss the importance of a treatment plan.
To have available the diagnostic tool used to present the case. Dentist should have readied patinet chart, radiographs, diagnostic casts, treatment plans.