Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe the examination and diagnostic techniques used for patient assesment
- 1.Extraoral & intraoral Photgraphy (expanded function):
- -redying your camera
- -redying your patient
- -Taking photographs
- 2.Soft Tissue Examination (expanded function)
- -patient preparation
- -extraoral features
- -cervical lymph nodes
- -temporomandibular joint
- -indications of oral habits
- -interior of lips
- -oral mucosa & tongue
- -floor of mouth
Discuss the role of the assistant in the clinical examination of a patient
- -Escort the patient to the clinical area for examination process
- -Follow routine protocol for procedure
- -Sit patient, draped with patient "napkin" & positon for dentist to begin examination
List the six classifications of Black's classifiations of cavities
- -Class I: Decay diagnosed in pits & fissures of occlusal surfaces of molars and premolars
- -Class II: On proximal (mesial & distal) surfaces of premolars & molars.
- -Class III: Proximal surfaces of incisors & canines
- -Class IV: Proximal surfaces of incisors & canines
- -Class V: Gingival third of facial or lingual surface of tooth.
- -Class VI: Incisal edges of anterior teeth & cusp tips of posterior teeth.
Differentiate between an anatomic and a geometric diagram for charting
- -Anatomic are illustrations that resemble actual crown & root of tooth.
- -Geometric- a circle represents a tooth.
differentiate between red and black for color-coding a charted diagram.
- -Red: used for existing problems
- -Black: Teratment that has been completed
Describe the pocket depth and probing index of the gingival tissues, and explain how they should be recorded.
A periodontal probe is used to measure the sulcus and its marked with red.
describe the need for a soft tissue examination.
- It requires the use of visual assesment & palpation.
- To detect any abnormalities in head, neck area of patient.
Discuss the importance of a treatment plan.
To have available the diagnostic tool used to present the case. Dentist should have readied patinet chart, radiographs, diagnostic casts, treatment plans.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview