Connective tissue is divided into 3 types by;
the type of cell,
and the ground substance and fibres present.
What are the 3 types?
- Dense Regular - Has high collagen numbers
- Linear fibre arrangement
- provides strength for ligaments and tendons
- Dense Irregular - Found in fascial sheaths/ aponeurosis
- multidirectional fibre alignment
- strength in all directions
- Loose irregular - In superficial and deep fascia
- - multi directional orientation of collagen and elastin
- - most elastic
- - greatest potential for change