Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe measures that should be incorporated into a dental office to prevent a possible medical emergency.
- -know the patient:establish open communication about patients health &havev complete or updated medical history before dental treatment begins.
- -Front desk assistant is responsible for updating info.
List appropiate qualifications that the dental assistant must have in emergency preparedness.
- -Provide emergency care until qualified personnel arrive
- -Retrieve oxygen unit & emergency drug kit
- -Remain with patient to assist with basic life support
List the basic items to be included in an emergency kit.
- -Rubber tubing
- -Oxygen mask
- -intravenous lines
- -ventilation mask
- -blood pressure equipment
Discuss the use of a defibrillator for the pusrpose of an emergency.
- -Stops VF
- -Provides blood to the heart
- -Automatic defibrillates
- -Monitors patients heart rhythm
- -Distinguishes VF from other abnormal heart rhythms
Describe the common signs and symptoms of specific emergencies, and be able to recognize them.
- -Chocking: Patient immediately moves hands to throat/ can't breath
- -Syncope: fainting
- -Hypotension: orthostatic hypotension, loss of consciousness.
Define specific emergency situations, and explain hot to respond.
- -Syncope:(unconscious) 1.place patient in subsupine 2.loose clothes 3. ammonia inhalant 4.oxygen 5.monitor and record vital signs 6.unresponsive call 911
- -Chest pain: 1.call 911 2.position patient upright3.medicate with nitroglycerin 4.oxygen 5.monitor & record vital signs
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview