Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- basic building block of life.
- – central portion that contains the genetic material
- - Deoxyribonucleic acid “Blueprint”
- - Ribonucleic acid – (the messenger)
- – the living material outside the nucleus
selectively allows things to go in and out of cell
- - is the process by which a eukaryotic cell separates the chromosomes in its
- cell nucleus into two identical sets in two nuclei.
groups of cells
- working together.
- – provides movement both voluntary and involuntary.
- Muscle – voluntary, striated, striations perpendicular to the muscle fibers and
- it is mainly found attached to bones
- Muscle – involuntary, striated, branched and has intercalated discs
- Muscle (Viscera) – involuntary, nonstriated, spindle shaped and is found in
- blood vessels & the GI tract.
- – membranes or linings.
- – lubricates dyarthrodial joints
- shaft, diaphysis
- – cube like
- (cortices) – outsides are parallel
- – vertebra
- – for strength
- – bone to bone
- – muscle to bone
- – shock absorber
- tissue working together for a function.
group of organs
- working together
- – heart
- – away from heart
- – towards heart
- – in between arteries and veins
- Hydration (osmotic balance)
- blood cells Erythrocyte (red blood cells)
- Vena Cava
- Atrioventricular, Tricuspid valve
- Pulmonary Arteries
- Pulmonary Veins
- Atrioventricular, Bicuspid, Mitral Valve
13. Aortic Valve
a condition in which fatty material collects along the walls of arteries
Respitory system –
exchanges oxygen and carbon dioxide
functional unit of the lungs
Heart – Electro-Cardio
1. (P) SA Node
2. (Q) AV Node
3. (R) Bundle of His
4. (S) Purkinje Fibers
5. (T) SA Node recharge
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview